Off Roading

ATVs, OHVs, SUVs & Dirt Bikes

Make Angel Fire your headquarters for off-roading fun in the southern Rockies! We’ve got easy access to the Carson National Forest with over 50 miles of off-road trails near Angel Fire. This is a great way to get out and experience the outdoors on a sunny-but-cool Angel Fire day.


If you bring your own machines, you’ll need a New Mexico ATV/OHV permit. You can get your permit in advance by calling the New Mexico Game and Fish Department at 505-476-8000. Note that different rules apply to off-roading in Angel Fire and in the Carson National Forest.

OHV use within Village of Angel Fire limits.

The Village of Angel Fire is excited to provide the opportunity for you and your family to enjoy the freedom of using Off-Highway Vehicles (OHVs) inside the village limits of Angel Fire. However, this must be seen as a partnership between you and the Village. Understandably there are restrictions on where, how and when you can take advantage of this opportunity. Please know and understand these restrictions and guidelines so that you may enjoy hours of OHV fun. Some of the Village rules are more restrictive than what are allowed in the Carson National Forest.

For your benefit and reference, you can access full information and Ordinance for the Village here.