Guide to Recycling & Refuse
Yes, Angel Fire Recycles! You too can be a part of our green effort. Why recycle? For all the following simple reasons:
- Adds value to our economy
- Saves energy
- Saves natural resources
- Saves our environment for future generations
The following are a few good reasons why we should recycle:
- Recycling 1 aluminum can equals the equivalent savings of 3 hours of power for a TV.
- Recycling all steel currently thrown away would provide enough steel for all new cars made in America.
- Recycling creates 5 times as many jobs as land filling.
- Recycling motor oil preserves clean ground water. One quart of oil can pollute over 250,000 gallons of ground water.
- Household Waste
- What You Can Recycle
- What You Can't Recycle
- Where You Can Recycle
- When You Can Recycle
Normal household trash can be taken to dumpsters located at the Recycle Park at 27 Halo Pines Terrace or Collection Center at 55 Camino Grande.
Please do not place the following in any dumpsters:
- Construction materials
- Furniture or industrial waste
Angel Fire does significant recycling of aluminum cans and corrugated cardboard. Aluminum and cardboard are the principle products that can provide a return to the Village. Additionally, at the Collection Center the Village recycles antifreeze and motor oil. For a small fee, the following are accepted:
- Compact florescent light bulbs (for a small fee)
- Copper wire and tubing
- Inkjet cartridges
- Lead acid and rechargeable batteries
- Mercury switches and thermometers
- Scrap metal
The Center also accepts small household items (no large items please).
Examples of scrap metal that the Village can accept, for a modest fee, are:
- Major appliances
- Metal roofing material
- Metal siding
- Water heaters
Transportation & Fees
Currently all items are transported to commercial recycling/processing centers for sale, and funds are returned to the Village.
- The Village charges for tires varies from $5 to $15, depending on size of the tire.
Taos Recycling Center
The Taos Recycling Center is located at:
Taos will recycle steel cans. The Village does not currently handle steel cans because of space limitations and because of the market (net costs to the Village).
Glass & Paper
Glass and paper can be recycled in Taos. Taos accepts two grades of paper - office paper with black ink only, and undifferentiated paper (e.g, newspaper). Glass does not have to be sorted by color.
Taos recycles electronic waste through a once-a-year collection event in the spring. Call 575-758-9679 for more information.
Angel Fire Recycle Park is located at
27 Halo Pines Terrace.
Here you can leave your cardboard for recycling and also drop your household trash.
Recycling is handled at the Angel Fire Collection Center, 55 Camino Grande, found east of Highway 434 near the Moreno Valley High School.
Angel Fire Recycle Park is open 24 hours a day / 7 days a week.
The Angel Fire Collection Center is open Monday through Friday, 7 a.m. to 3:30 p.m, and Saturday 8 to noon. No large trucks or trailer loads after 3:15 p.m., absolutely no exceptions.
All loads must be unloaded by 3:30 p.m. You can call 575-377-6967 for more information.