The following rules apply for slash pickup and disposal within the Village of Angel Fire
The Village of Angel Fire Slash Pickup Program is underway for the summer of 2019. Please remember that to be a part of this program the property owner or contractor must stop by Village Hall at 3388 Mountain View Blvd. and fill out a permit application. There is no charge for the permit.
The following are guidelines for slash to be picked up or brought into the Transfer Station. This program is for Angel Fire residents only. The Angel Fire Slash Program goes from April 1 through October 15, each year. No calling in for pick up at any other time of the year.
- All persons thinning a lot inside the Village of Angel Fire are required to have a permit. This permit may be filled out at Village Hall. This is a Village of Angel Fire permit, not an Angel Fire Resort permit.
- When thinning is finished or more room is needed to pile more slash, call 575-377-7004 to be placed on the slash pickup list.
- If you are not sure what slash is permitted for pickup, please call 575-377-3214 for a community service officer’s assistance. If slash is placed on private property, call 575-377-6967 for a site inspection.
- No slash or branches over eight (8’) feet will be picked up.
- Pine needles are not part of the slash program. These need to be brought into the Transfer Station. (Fees apply for non-residential and residential pine needle drop-off based on cubic yardage.)
- Stumps are not a part of the slash program. Stumps should be brought into the Transfer Station. No stumps over ten (10”) inches in diameter (fees apply for stumps)
- Rotten debris over five (5”) inches in diameter will be accepted as part of the slash program.
- Rocks and dirt are not part of the Slash Program. Contaminated loads brought into the Transfer Station will be charged for the full load, not just the contamination in the load. Contaminated loads are set out for Village pickup will not be picked up until all contamination is removed by property owner or contractor.
- Slash put out for pickup should not be placed under or on top of exposed wires and no closer than four (4’) feet from water meters, fire hydrants, and/or cable, telephone, broadband or electric pedestals.
- Clean up after slash pickup is the responsibility of the property owner or his contractor.
- Slash for pickup should be placed where the driver can safely pick it up.
- All thinning projects requiring Village pickup should be completed and called in for pickup by October 15, each year. Any slash cut between October 15 and April 1 of each year must remain on the property of origin or brought into the Transfer Station.
As soon as you are ready for slash to be removed please call for a pickup. Currently there is a 2-3 week wait time for slash to be picked up. The Village has only one driver on the slash truck and he is hauling eight hours a day.